The most important day in indie comics returns on
Saturday May 27th, 2023!
We started Buy Indie Comics Day with the sole purpose of having indie comic book, zines, mini-comics, graphic novels and comics strip creators around the World synergize on a single day designed exclusively to celebrate their work.
It is our hope that all comic book retailers across the World will take this as an opportunity to promote and stock indie comics, also that consumers will take a chance on new titles and creators they've probably never heard of and lastly that creators take this initiative and organize events created specifically to showcase their work and their colleagues work to a much larger audience than a normal comic book convention ever could.
Here's how CREATORS can make Buy Indie Comics Day a great event to sell a bunch of their books and grow their audience.
If you're a retailer, be sure to let us know about your event so we can spread the word. If you know a retailer, tag them! If you buy your books at a comic book shop talk to the owner/employees about Buy Indie Comics Day and how it would benefit their store.
What can RETAILERS do in their BICD events:
1. Invite local indie creators to do signings and sell their books.
2. Invite local podcasters to record live in their comics shop.
3. Have indie comics sales!
4. Invite local Cosplayers.
5. Do a Q&A with the guests.
6. Do art challenges.
7. Invite a renowned indie creator to do a signing at your location (Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, Todd McFarlane, etc.)
8. Do raffles and the list goes on and on...